A Helping Hand offers door to door transportation services, whether you are in a wheelchair, use a walker or ambulatory on your own, we are here to help.
- Mon – Fri, 6am – 6pm. Sat & Sun (with 72/hr notice).
- Ambulatory, wheelchair & geriatric chair
- Door to door / Arm through arm
- Doctors / Dentist appointments
- Going for surgery, going home from surgery
- Going to or from hospital
- Picking up prescriptions
- Transferring in/out of facilities
- We assist with transfers and ambulation
- If requested we will wait during appointments
- Bring your companion or small pet at no extra charge
*Minimum of a 24 hour notice.
**Payment is required at end of transportation.
We do not do wheelchair transports during a snow storm. After the storm the pickup and drop off locations must be free of any and all snow and ice (this applies to ambulatory transports as well, for your safety)
All transports are a one hour minimum. If we are transporting outside of EDC we bill round trip miles and wait time.