A Helping Hand offers door to door transportation services, whether you are in a wheelchair, use a walker or ambulatory on your own, we are here to help.
- Mon – Fri, 6am – 6pm. Sat & Sun (with 72/hr notice).
- Our drivers are also you attendant during your transportation. If shopping we will assist with reading labels, reaching items on shelves, load and un-load your treasures.
- If going to a Dr. Appointment we will wait for you if requested to do so. We can assist with transfers during your visit as well. Clients must be able to stand and bear own weight during a transfer.
- Our wheelchair van is pet friendly for your companion (smaller animals).
- If you have a guest riding with you, they ride for FREE
- If you require personal assistance during your transport A Helping Hand can supply a care provider to assist for a fee. We also have wheelchair rental if needed for $10.00 during your transportation with us.
*Minimum of a 24 hour notice.
**Payment is required at end of transportation.
We do not do wheelchair transports during a snow storm. After the storm the pickup and drop off locations must be free of any and all snow and ice (this applies to ambulatory transports as well, for your safety)
All transports are a one hour minimum. If we are transporting outside of EDC we bill round trip miles and wait time.